Sunday, June 8, 2008

Went to the Land of the Sand

After a hard good bye, I flew on two aircraft, two nights in a bug infested motel, and another aircraft through two airports, I arrived in the land of the Sand. It is hot here and last year during the summer it got to 153 degrees F. Now help me remember, 153 degrees F, is that hot enough to cook food? The average of late is 114 degrees F. I think I am accustomed to the heat now, but the sand is everywhere. When I say everywhere I mean in the air, on the ground, in your shoes, all over you clothes, and yes even sometimes in your food. There is the occasional loud crunch when you bite down on your food. I have to tell you about one of the air plane rides that I had to endure to get to the land of the sand. We left and got up to the speed and altitude needed and then the pressure difference was so bad I thought that my ears were going to bleed. I have to tell you in my defense I have traveled the world on airplanes and I have never, ever had a problem with pressure. This not only happen once, but each time we landed and returned to the air. I guess I was having a "Good Day." Life is good here so far, the heat is ok now, but that blowing sand, not so much fun. I will keep you posted and send some pictures next time.

No comments: