Sunday, May 24, 2009

Church...it's always something....part II

Another day...another Sunday. We walked in, right on time, sat in the second to front pew, and everything was good. Then...Tori pooped, her knee started bleeding, and her toe started bleeding. So, I took Tori outside to change her diaper, and put a few band-aids on her. We were happily on our way back into the building when Aaron and Stacy were on their way out.....hmm....

"What happened?" "Um....we're going home..."



"Where are the other two kids?!?"
"Still inside"
"Take Tori, I'll go get the other two kids and clean up our stuff".

So, off I went...RUNNING through the church! I got inside, and although our stuff was still everywhere, some Relief Society sisters had taken my two children out to dad already, and were cleaning up the throw-up on the pew. I quickly picked up the remainder of our stuff, thanked the sisters for their help and went back outside to find the other two kids.
All the kids were in the car ready to go, but we still had things to take care of. Aaron was supposed to teach in Elder's Quorum today, and needed to find someone to teach his lesson. Rather than let Aaron go back into the church looking like he did, I decided I'd better find someone for him, as well as find someone to conduct the music in Relief Society. So...off I went....
I quickly found someone in the back to teach Aaron's lesson, since...obviously we weren't staying.
On my way back out for the second time, I realize all the OTHER things that happened. The poor sister sitting behind us was carrying her 18 month old daughter and her head was sopping wet....hmmmm.....ok....that's weird. It never dawned on me, until one of the other Relief Society sister's informed me that Stacy not only threw up all over Aaron, but all over the little girl sitting in the pew behind us..................
And then, I was back outside to find out just how bad Aaron had been hit....



It was everywhere. It was on his jacket, underneath his jacket, down his pants, on his shoe, and in his shoe, and down his shirt, in his hair, on his face....yep you heard it....She really got him!

So...we got to take the sacrament, and then we got to go home...embarrassed....

and...of all days, the Bishop was not there, but the Stake President happened to be visiting.....and you should have seen the look on his face....and the face of the poor speaker.....haha!

Like I said...It's always something....this time it was "spew on the pew"...

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow! Don't know what else to say. LOL You guys have way too much fun in sacrament meeting! ;)

Stamms said...

I know right...I could have an entire blog just about church visits!! ha ha We were talking about this, and the last time Stacy threw up was at Stake Conference last year! ha ha Too Funny....apparently she's not a church goer??

looneyschoony said...

I hear you... we've had vomit, stitches, entire rows of chairs falling over, etc... during church.

Tiffany said...

Hilarious! Gross! That's one way of getting out of church, lol!

rachwheel said...

You've got quite a gift! Just as entertaining a writer as you are in person.

Parley and Anna said...

Man...I'm so bummed we weren't there that Sunday! :) Church needs a little spice (or should I say vomit?) every once in a while. I'm just sad I missed it. I am pretty impressed that Aaron was smiling; I think I would be over in the bushes vomiting if any of my children puked on me!
Sorry it took so long to find your blog...I had to go way back!