Friday, May 15, 2009

Catch up week....

So, a lot has happened this past week or two....It's been a little nuts! On the 6th, Sariah almost drowned! Yes, it was pretty scary. We were getting out of the pool, I took Sariah's life vest off and told her to stay out of the water because she didn't have her life vest on, while I get out of the pool. I turned to hand Tori off to dad, said a few sentences, and the next thing I know, there's a huge splash and a lifeguard has Sariah on the edge of the pool throwing up!! A few minutes later she was feeling better and she got up, ran to the other side of the pool and tried to jump in again!!! Yes, that's right...apparently she thought drowning was....fun?? Yep, that would be my daughter....fearless, stubborn and definitely in her own little world of make believe! The lifeguard was stunned that she tried to jump in again...and I'll have to say, she's my daughter and even I was a little surprised, but certainly not stunned.

Levi was scared the most out of everyone, he did the yelling for us and he certainly let her know that she could've died and he did NOT like that idea! On the way home, Levi just kept telling her, "You could've died Sariah, that's not cool!" We were all stunned when Sariah said "It's ok if I die, I'll just get to see Jesus and then come back to life again"....so that's why she's fearless....hmm....

We're still not quite sure how to get her to understand that she's not a cat with 9 lives....while still allowing her to understand the ressurrection...ha

Interestingly enough...the lifeguard that jumped in to save her is now Sariah's swimming coach!! YEAH!! This makes us very excited, as the coaches she's had before I think were not very aware of her....fearless ability. Obviously, this coach understands. So, first day back at swimming, the coach has her jump into the pool with no life vest on, but the coach is there to catch Sariah. Sariah actually looked to me for permission and then looked at the coach and hesitated for a couple of seconds contemplating whether it was safe or not to actually jump in the water!!

Now with most kids, this would be a fear to get over...however, with Sariah, the coach and I were VERY excited to see some hesitation!! So...through it all, maybe something did sink in her brain....

No comments: